Wednesday, January 5, 2011

smile.

I can see that same smile of satisfaction when they play right into you,
just the way I do.
When you pull up, they go down
and it’s just to prove you can.
they want you
and they have you.

I can see that fabric friction starting fires when they push right into you,
pushing nails through my palms.
When they go up, you go down
and it’s just to prove you’re in control
looking for a challenge.

I can feel their hands
I can feel the seams
I can see your mouth in its devil curve,
and the holes in my palms
are splitting with the knuckle count,
the concrete census

I can feel that bloody breaking bone when you play right into
just the way you’re not.
When you light the shitty stage in my skull ablaze
and it’s just to prove you can.
and it’s just to prove you’re in control.
and they play and push right into you,
and I can see your smile.

1 comment:

  1. my favorite line in the whole thing:

    "the concrete census" <---- wonderful :)

    I also like "When you light the shitty stage in my skull ablaze" a lot too! Shitty stage is awesome.

    This one does sound very devil-ish, I like!

    ReplyDelete