Monday, November 22, 2010

sunday

and your fucking hypocrisy never ends.
you just want to hold onto as much pride as you can,
don't expect me to follow.
you can keep your "distractions" and i'll keep my
numb.
hello, bottle.
hello, kiss.

maybe i can morph in the mirror.
maybe i can be who you see.
you can keep your distractions, i'll try to keep my
sanity. i should have kept my
distance. and kept you out of my bed.
you're beautiful. you know.
i should have kept you out of my bed.

i'll rewind my fingers, put those buttons back together:
zip you back to decency. place me back, before
vulnerability. you keep your distractions;
i'll try to keep up.

i give too much already,
i need to hold back.
i want to break you.
you don't need me, i'm just a fucking challenge.
you don't need me, i'm just full of surprises.
i want to break you. your ego is a challenge for mine,
and he's been sharpening knives, throwing glances your way.
catching glimpses of lists - can you find where you fell?

keep playing the victim, i tend to believe you.
at least you've taught me the best lines to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment