Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Bones

Oh, I saw you as a broken little bird
I saw you as my own
Oh, I held you in my careful little heart
I held you as my own

And I feel your eyes follow me
Back to nothing
I taste clouds of red wine
On your sweet summer breath
Tilt the glass and I am gone

Oh, you touched me like a savior on my skin
You pulled me to your chest
Oh, you shifted and sunlight caught your eyes
I saw your tattered wings inside

And you ran for the door without looking behind
And I still smell the rain and that sweet red wine
That stained our lips in summer

We got caught in the fence,
Trying to get out,
Trying our luck in the storm
We got stuck in the ice,
Trying to run,
Holding our breath for warmth

Oh, I see you as my broken little bird
I hold you as my own
Oh, I know you, I feel you in my bones
I feel you in my bones.

No comments:

Post a Comment