Thursday, March 3, 2016

sympathetic joy

You've got this picture of me 
heading straight for rock bottom
You caught me smiling
with a drink in my hand

You told me I’ve been going 
in the same direction
For the past two years

and the worst part is
You're probably right.

so,
When you say you're doing better
when you say you're doing fine
I wish I could say it didn't break my heart
every goddamn time

It's jealousy
this side of me
I should be better than six months ago
and all the slurry
Promises between you and me
i just can't seem to let go

And the worst part is

when you say you're doing better
When you say you're doing fine
i wish it didn't break my heart

I want to save you
even if I can't save myself
I want to save you
even if I can’t save anyone else

And when you say you're doing better
when you say that you're just fine

I wish I could lie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment