Monday, June 3, 2013

weight

Your weight's been lifted off this state
but you're not as gone as I'd hoped
I can feel myself
embracing the chaos,
consuming the loss

So swallow it like a lump in your throat
Choke back the tears, 
and let yourself go.

These lines
lead no one to nowhere
You're drifting in oceans alone
Inside this new resolution
to stay up until you're afloat
You're piecing together
patterns to call yourself home

And I can feel
I can feel you over me
but not like an angel, 
you've never had wings

So meet me where the rocks
and pills turn red
I'm fighting to burn
this into your head
but you're the breath,
pulling me in,
staining your lips.

And I can feel
I can feel you over me
but not like an angel, 
you never got your wings

I'll drag you away
piece by piece
Until you forget about me
I'm the ashes that fall
into the street
Destroying the ground underneath.

No comments:

Post a Comment