Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Compare.

I disappeared like a summer day
Like the wasted hours
And humid haste
I disappeared like the morning haze
Like the muffled grey
And pregnant day
I disappeared like a place to lay
Like lining sheets
And anxious wait
I disappeared like heavy words
Like warming breath
And calming ways
I disappeared like dripping tongues
Like wretched rock
And red contempt
I disappeared like loving comfort
Like common places
And old new faces
I disappeared like covered madness
Like shouted notes
And sidewalk chords
I disappeared like asphalt fissures
Like cigarettes
And yellowed scraps
I disappeared like desert wind
Like huddled water
And canyon spins

I disappeared like smoke.

1 comment:

  1. Oooo, I love the rhythm. Makes me want to always speak like that.

    ReplyDelete