Thursday, March 24, 2011

waves

waves crash through your lips
remind me of your fingertips
i got you high, broke your skin
as your chest clawed and the air thickened

you're standing taller than i've ever seen
zipped perfection, named a queen
palms pushing me onto your teeth
pointed piercing reflections, perfection

as if remembering wasn't enough
i tried to put you onto paper
but the sketch was rough
and i still feel you pushing me down
you push me down

and it's hard to say
to wrap the feeling around your waist
but i'll keep trying

as if remembering wasn't enough
i'll try to put you down
tracing lines with rough edges
we're on the edge.

1 comment:

  1. This line is major fun to me:
    "you're standing taller than i've ever seen
    zipped perfection, named a queen"
    also
    "to wrap the feeling around your waist"

    I like this idea/image of trying to pin something down, sketch it.

    ReplyDelete