Friday, December 3, 2010

speaking of keeping

Speaking of keeping,
and thinking of leaving,
I should have kept my distance.

My second wind,
a cocaine binge,
My aim and wit are broken.

Hypocrisy, anxiety
This piece of me, this melody
This cracking fault, a line and

Mine. Mindful of
Time, and its posted
Signs. Warning of the end.

Speaking of leaving,
and thinking of keeping
Myself out of the way.

My purge and binge,
our second wind
My shaking, splitting broken

Deity, reality
This place, replacement
Side of me, a cracking fault

Line. It’s mine, the
Time, that won’t repeat or
Wind, or mend.

1 comment:

  1. You've got some very strange word placement in this one!

    "Mine. Mindful of
    Time, and its posted
    Signs. Warning of the end."

    "Line. It’s mine, the
    Time, that won’t repeat or
    Wind, or mend."

    Good sounds :) the odd placement and changing capitalization makes me pay attention!

    ReplyDelete